The Sports, Physical Education and Recreation Center (SPERC) which was created in January 1985 were eventually converted to Institute of Sports, Physical Education (ISPEAR) by virtue of Board Resolution No. 12. s. 1992 as approved by the Board of Regents of December 10, 1992. As a service unit of the University, it primarily handles the Physical Education courses which are basic requirements for graduation of all baccalaureate degree programs. As the center of the sports development and education in the University, the unit is also tasked to produce competent professionals in the fields of sports, athletics, recreation, music and dance.
To maximize holistic development of a person with emphasis on physical wellness to become healthy and productive individuals.
The ISPEAR functions with the following objectives:
- Plan and implement:
- professional programs for physical educators, sports coaches, recreation leaders and dancers;
- food Technology
- an integrated physical, sports and recreation programs; and
- sports development programs of the university.
- promote and preserve the Philippine Indigenous games, sports, music and dances;
- conduct researches in physical education, sports, recreation, cultural dances and music; and
- provide technical expertise to educational institutions, sports and recreation associations, and other agencies needing assistance in the promotion of physical education, sports, recreation, music and dance.
- Sports Physical Education
- Sports Wellness and Management
|Name||Highest Educational Attainment||Rank|
|Arias, Elpidio A.||MSPE||Professor I|
|Buisan, Jessa S.||MAT-Human Kinetics (on-going)|
|Calixto, Marichu A.|
|Dagoc, Priscilla P.||EdD-PE (on-going)||Professor I|
|Elumbaring, Jerum B.||MAED-PE||Professor I|
|Garcia, Judy L.||EdD-PE||Professor I|
|Java, Moreno V.||EdD-PE|
|Java, Vinus P.||MAT-PE (on-going)|
|Lopez, Helen Grace D.||MAT-PE||Professor I|
|Mancera , Marlon A.||MAT-Human Kinetics (on-going)|
|Martinez, Malony F.||MAT-PE (ON-GOING)||Professor I|
|Martinez, Norge D.||EdD-PE||Professor I|
|Ogatis, Gladys P.||MAT-Human Kinetics||Professor I|
|Orrego, Marlene E.||MAT-Human Kinetics|
|Pahm, Khaironesa P.||PhD-RD||Professor I|
|Sarikit, Gemma D.||EdD-PE|